There are still some details being worked out for the memorial but here’s information we have so far:
- All employees are welcome to attend. See Venue Map tab for parking
- "Significant others" of employees may sit with them in their designated seating area.
- FS seating will be first come, first served. If it's full, FS employees should sit in the general public seating areas.
- Some employees have been designated as “official representatives” for their unit. Those employees are authorized to drive a government vehicle to the memorial.
- Others should drive their personal vehicles and attend on their own time.
- All attendees are encouraged to wear the field uniform (short-sleeved shirt, no tie, dark green pants) or crew shirts and nomex pants.
- Shrouds for FS badges will be available; they should be positioned horizontally across the badge
- Purple ribbons/ pins should be worn above or to the left of the badge.
- If you don’t have a Forest Service uniform, be prepared to show government identification in order to access the reserved seating areas for District, Forest and Regional personnel.
- If you are a retiree or spouse of a former FS employee, please see one of the greeters/ushers in the atrium when you arrive.
- If you are with the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, and wondering about participating in the procession, your District FMO has the information about who will be participating from your district.
Fire departments and other attendees who are not participating in the Memorial or the Procession are welcome to attend. It's recommended to car pool where possible and arrive early. "Significant others" may sit with those seated in designated seating areas.
As a reminder, only 75 vehicles can take part in the procession so those who can't take part, should proceed to the Town Toyota Center (see the participant tab if you plan to be in the Procession). There is parking designated for fire department vehicles at the Town Toyota Center, however space is limited. Once full, you will have to look for space in other lots. This is a map of parking spots. #1 is the designated area available for FD vehicles at the venue.
PDF of Parking Map